cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngryBatVoice
Advocate V
Advocate V

Problem with Yammer connector

I built a manually triggered Flow that connects to Yammer and Sharepoint.  When you trigger the Flow, it prompts you for the ThreadID of a conversation on Yammer.  Once you plug that in, it grabs that conversation (Get messages in a thread (preview)) , then adds the name of everyone who 'Liked' the message using this field from the Get messages step: (Message List Message Names Full Name).
YammerFlow.jpg

The Flow runs successfully, but only brings in some of the names of employees who liked the message specified.  I know the "Get messages in thread" action says it is in Preview.  If this is a bug where is the best place to provide feedback or get support with this connector?   Or am I just using it wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
AngryBatVoice
Advocate V
Advocate V

I decided to try to get a better view of what information was coming from this connector so I threw together a PowerApp that grabs the entered Thread ID number and collects the messages in that thread.

In the collection, there is a liked_by field that is a table of data.  When I drill in to that, there are 2 fields, "count" and "names".  The number in the count field is accurate to the number of likes on the message.  But the names listed is fewer than the number from count.YammerLikes.jpg

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AngryBatVoice ,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement for the flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What I'm trying to do is build a giveaway drawing incentive for interactions on Yammer.  So I'm wanting my Employee Engagement Team to be able to put a post on Yammer that says "Like this message to be entered in a drawing."

Using Flow, I want to grab the names of everyone who liked the message and put them in a Sharepoint list, then I'll have the flow pick a random winner from the list.

Looking at the outputs of the Get messages in a thread action yields the same thing I was seeing in PowerApps:

"liked_by": {
      "count": 5,
      "names": [
        {
          "full_name": "Brodie Krause",
          "permalink": FIRST_USERS_PERMALINK,
          "user_id": FIRST_USERS_ID,
          "network_id": NETWORK_ID
        },
        {
          "full_name": SECOND_USERS_FULL_NAME,
          "permalink": SECOND_USERS_PERMALINK,
          "user_id": SECOND_USERS_ID,
          "network_id":  NETWORK_ID
        },
        {
          "full_name": THIRD_USERS_FULL_NAME,
          "permalink": THIRD_USERS_PERMALINK,
          "user_id": THIRD_USERS_ID,
          "network_id":  NETWORK_ID
        }

So the count shows 5, but only 3 names are returned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (48,733)