cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CIH_MYohe
Frequent Visitor

Project Online Task Resources --> Planner Task?

MSFlowProjecttoPlanner.PNG

I have written a Flow that creates a Planner task for selective Project Online tasks. No problem creating the tasks in specific Planner buckets with the correct start and end dates.  Is there any way to also assign the Planner task to the resources associated with the Project Online task?  The "odata.type": "PS.PublishedTask" does not include any resource data.

Thanks!

Michele Y.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CIH_MYohe ,

Thanks for feedback.

From your description, it seems that you would like to update Planner task details with Resources associated with the Project Online tasks.

I have made some test, I then found that it is not possible to get Resources related to a task. No dynamic content for resource from the trigger “When a new project is created”. In addition, no action could be used to Get resources.

I have seen a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum about Project Online and SharePoint lists- Resources at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Project-Online-and-SharePoint-lists-Resources/idi-p/2...

Please feel free vote the idea, I will help collect it from my side as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @CIH_MYohe ,

You could try and use the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action together with the ProjectData API. With this API you are able to get an overview of the assignments of a project. This query also returns attributes like resourceid, resource name, task id & task name. With that info you should be able to assign planner cards to the correct resources.

projectdataapi.png

Thanks...I will try this and get back to you!

I have voted for this functionality.

@CIH_MYohe btw, when you have created this solution you can also get these tasks in To Do with just one setting:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Planner-and-To-Do-integration-bringing-you-a-mor...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (59,460)