cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sifar
Frequent Visitor

Pull Salesforce Rest API data using Power Automate Script into Excel Online (Excel 365 in browser)

I am a Power Automate newbie and want to connect to Salesforce Rest API and pull different Salesforce Reports as Tables into Excel online in a browser (please note, i don't want to use Power BI). Also, I want to automate this script to run every 1 hour. Is it possible and if so, how do i write such a script? Can somebody demonstrate with a suitable example on how the request should be made to Salesforce from Excel online, to make this work?

3 REPLIES 3
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Sifar,

What's you mean 'connect to Salesforce Rest API and pull different Salesforce Reports as Tables'? I reckon Salesforce report is built up with entity table as well. I wonder whether you have checked below MS OOB salesforce connector action first to help you migrate entity data from Salesforce to excel online?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/salesforce/#actions

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sifar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Johnnyg ,

I already have ready reports and so do not want to import objects data and then try to join them etc. Is there any way to pull just the ready report using ReportId?

I am trying to use the SF API's given here from Workbench :

https://workbench.developerforce.com/restExplorer.php

for e.g. trying to pull a tabular report from a link like this (dummy link):

/services/data/v51.0/sobjects/Report/00O0d012009rFLdEa8

Note: I do have a SF security token, if that helps.

sifar
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Can anyone help in this forum?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,372)