Our early stages in building first flows.
First flow has successfully added rows to a pre-defined workbook.
We now have a second flow which needs to locate the row created by the first flow and update its columns.
How do you "get" the row to update?
We do have a unique key in one of the columns and we have that unique key in the flow - but it's not of course the _PowerAppsId_
Have read through postings on the community on excel rows but cannot find this explained.
Grateful for guidance here, as feel I must be overlooking something very straightforward..
I assume that in your first flow, there might be an action “Excel – Insert row”.
About your second flow, please provide more details about your scenario.
In your second flow, you want to update the row that has been created by first flow. What’s the value do you want to use to update the column?
What’s the trigger for your second flow?
Have you tried to use the action “Get row” and “Update row”?
Thanks for looking into this.
1. Yes, in the first flow there is an action "Excel - Insert Row"
2. The row inserted has columns "ID", "Customer", "Value", "Status" (and the "_PowerAppID_" added by Flow)
3. In the second flow we want to find the correct row based on the value of our ID in the first column and then update that row's Status column
4. The trigger for the second flow is a change in status in a record in another service - the record having our "ID"
5. Yes have tried "Get Row" "Update Row" but "Get Row" fails because it can't match
Please try to use “Excel – Get rows” action in your flow. Then use a Condition to filter items that with the same ID.
If they have the same ID, update corresponding row in the Excel.
Hope this will work for you.
Thanks for your feedback on this.
I have been doing further work on this today.
If I understand you, your suggestion is that we do this:
- On trigger, store the "Key" to a variable
- Use "Excel - Get Rows" which will return all the rows of the workbook
- For each compare the row "Key" to the stored "Key"
- When they are equal store the _PowerAppsID_ to a variable
- Use the stored _PowerAppsID_ as the reference to use "Excel - Update Row"
Do I have that set out correctly?
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.