cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitlathia
Level: Powered On

Retrieving Values from Mulitple Value field in sharepoint list to add to CSV table

Now that Flow has the capability of reading and writing multiple values to and from a sharepoint multi-value column (such as choice) I was wondering if anyone has worked out how to add values to a CSV table.

I have created a flow which creates a CSV Table from data on a sharepoint list using the Select Data Operation to customise column headers and then then emails the output CSV file.

The CSV table does not seem to output the values of the multiple choice field correctly as it outputs the full reference of the values instead of just the values themselves. Below is an example of what appears in the CSV file. Instead of this text what I was hoping for was "Choice 1; Choice 2; Choice 4".

[{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":0,"Value":"Choice 1"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":1,"Value":"Choice 2"},{"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":3,"Value":"Choice 4"}]

Any suggestions as to what expression or method I should be using to get the multiple values into the CSV table would be much appreciated.

Amit

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Retrieving Values from Mulitple Value field in sharepoint list to add to CSV table

Hi @amitlathia,

I am afraid there is no way to retrieve Values from Multiple Value field in SharePoint list with Flow currently.

If you want to the feature that you mentioned to be supported in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
amitlathia
Level: Powered On

Re: Retrieving Values from Mulitple Value field in sharepoint list to add to CSV table

Hi Barry,

I read this article re new features for flow and got the impression multiple value fields are now retrievable. Have I misread this?

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/button-types-more/
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @amitlathia,

The "read" mentioned in the blog may not be able to retrieve Values from Mulitple Value field.

I tested it on my side and there is no proper workaround to get the value of multiple-value fields currently.

We will continue to pay attention to whether there are any updates to this feature.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 334 members 5,762 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: