cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

RowID in xls is changing so I get duplicated rows

I've duplications on rows in the flow in the following flow:

1- I download a file and I copy it to a file with a new name.

2- I do the same each time I receive a new file (each time I receive a new file this is the first file but adding some more rows on it).

(steps 1&2 I need to do as no way to fix the table name using dynamic content)

3- Then I use "list rows present in a table" and I use the rowID to detect the new ones (no way to have a unique key on the combination of any columns).

4- I create a new sharepoint list item for each new rowID... but I get all duplicated rows 😞

Any clue on what I'm missing?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @beatrizfuster

Check out this blog about enforcing unique values in SharePoint:
https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-prevent-duplicate-entries-in-sharepoint-lists-and-libraries-with-...

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Thanks for the info but the issue is not that I do not suceed by creating a unique key but with the fact that the imported rows from an xls has no a unique key value (and seems no option to create by using different columns combinations) so I use the rowID as unique key to detect duplicated rows. But in the scenario explained I get duplicated entries. So am I doing/assuming anything wrong?

Hi,

Key column should never have duplicates.
If none of your values can be a key, consider adding one by either:
Manual adding to excel a key column for example 1,2,3,4....
Or you can use the add key column action in flow. This will do the same thing. However you u might need to remove the action after.

If you are still stuck please upload some screenshots to better assist you. Thanks

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Thanks but question is why is rowID not unique as it should?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (34,910)