cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Stored Procedures

H everyone, when using the SQL Insert Row Trigger I can view all tables from my SQLServer, but I need to use the trigger to run a stored procedure but continually receive this error:

"Could not retrieve values. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Driving me crazy...Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Danielando,

Did your flow work well with an action “Insert row” to SQL Server?
Is the connection of “Execute stored procedure” action same with the connection of “Insert row” action?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PeMu

I'm also getting this error - did you ever figure out a fix?

I've tried everything I can think of.

Hi,

Have you tried opening the firewall or allowing remote connections ?

Is this SQL Azure ?

Hi ashwinsa

Many thanks for your reply.

Remote connections are allowed to the SQL database (on premises) and all other SQL actions (get, insert etc) work. Also this is going via on-premise data gateway.

Peter

Can you share a flow id that's running into this ??

You can get it from the browser url when you open the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (38,180)