cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SAP ERP Connector RFC Calls Troubleshooting with Timeouts

Hi all,

we are a company that heavily relies on SAP, so the announcement of the new SAP ERP Connector really sparked our interest. I am now creating the first case to utilize the power platform in our company on a broader scale.

The issue I am having, that I do not understand how to troubleshoot failed RFC calls. I am calling a RFC function module on our SAP system and depending on the parameters I am passing in, the calls reaches the backend SAP system (so I see something happening in our SAP) or the calls just runs for 10 minutes straight in flow without ever producing a result or reaching our SAP

backend, so in the flow monitor the action for the SAP ERP calls takes minute after minute and never produces a result.

Screenshot 2020-09-23 084953.jpg

I narrowed it down, that the problem is a field in a table I am passing into the RFC, which contains attachment content from a sharepoint list. If I am passing the field for the content as  empty (""), the SAP backend is reached, if I fill it with the content, the RFC call runs forever. I really wonder how I can further troubleshoot the scenario; I can not find any error logs in our SAP system or in flow. Where else could it get stuck? Regards, Thomas

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: SAP ERP Connector RFC Calls Troubleshooting with Timeouts

I am having the same exact issue. The only resolution I have is to validate every single field prior to the call to the RFC.

@microsoftSAP connector for Power Automate is really cool, but infinite hangs .... no so much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,875)