cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerryMc
Level: Power Up

SFTP Connection creation fails

Hi

Trying to create an SFTP connection in flow.

I can connect to the SFTP site using FileZilla without issues.

I add the 'Host Server Address' as DNS name, type in the User Name/PW, add the port number, and check the 'Disable SSH Host Key Validation'

I get the message

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: The user does not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

or

Details: Unable to connect to the remote server

Not sure what I am missing.

19 REPLIES 19
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SFTP Connection creation fails

Hi TerryMc,

From the error message, it seems that your account doesn’t have sufficient permission to perform the action.

Could you please confirm with your administrator about the account information, and try again with the connection?

If you are still getting this issue, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TerryMc

Thanks for the reply, but still confused, especially when I am the administrator.

Account I am using to create the Flow is an admin account.  I can use them to connect to a gateway to an on prem fileshare, and could copy files to a Sharepoint Online site without issue.

Credentials I use for the SFTP (different from O365) are provided by an external source, but work fine using an ftp client.

What I am trying to do is create a flow to copy files from an on-prem file share to an SFTP site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem when trying to SFTP to my site. Is there a fix?

Edzka

Same problem here

Highlighted
jefe_
Level: Powered On

Hello

I am having the same issue... has this been resolved yet?

A bit more info on exactly where the issue is would be nice.

I am able to connect via filezilla with the ssh keys and passphrase provided.

Kind regards

MustafaM

I am having the same problem. Did anyone solve it yet?

Dev_Nikhil
Level 8

Hello @TerryMc, @Anonymous, @Edzka@jefe_@MustafaM,

Guys i also have faced these type of error, Thuugh i am not so much Aware of the SSL and Certification of Security for HTTP and HTTPS, However then i have Tried the FTP Connector and it's running Flowlessly.

I hope this Idea of Using the FTP connector rather than the SFTP you'll going to by pass the SSL and all other thing and can achive the Goals.

Thanks 

Dev_Nikhil

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @TerryMc!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Dev_Nikhil‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Ryan_Xiao

Hi,

Any fix on the SFTP issue so far?

csuchland

I'm also having this problem with a SFTP connection to an Amazon Web Services EC2 instance - work perfectly in WinSCP, but not with the Flow SFTP connector.

I've tried everything mentioned here: https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/microsoft-ms-flow-sftp-connector-tips-tricks-errors/ to make sure my SSH private key and host key finger print are properly specified, but no luck.

The error from Flow is : "Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Unable to connect to the remote server"

csuchland

Using FTP is not a solution if the server you're connecting to only supports SFTP.

The solution is for the Flow SFTP connector to work...

MustafaM

I am still having the same problem. Also how can using FTP instead of SFTP be the solution...

csuchland

Since no one from Microsoft seems to be addressing this issue, I finally had to break down and configure my AWS EC2 instance to enable password login instead of using the more secure key pair login (https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ec2-password-login/), which does work.

Hopefully, someone will eventually respond to this issue, and I can switch back...

jhanawa

I am able to connect using Filezilla, but when trying to configure SFTP in Flow I am getting "invalid SSH Private Key provided".  I too followed the instructions in this very helpful blog post: https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/microsoft-ms-flow-sftp-connector-tips-tricks-errors/, but I still cannot make SFTP work in Flow.

Is SFTP working for ANYONE? seems to me we all have the same problem and the only solution is to not use SFTP.  That's not an option for me.

Thanks in advance.

ansumanpattnaik

Is this Problem resolved ? In my case I am able to connect to SFTP for some time and as I work on the Flow the connection fails , but when I go to myConnections the SFTP connection status says it's active. Seem Microsoft is not worried about this issue.

Alerodri

I am having a similar problem. 

Is there any known solution for that problem?

I  will strongly appreciate help

Kind Regards

Alex

Screenshot_2.png

bac26

We have the same issue.   It isn't even showing trying to connect on the sFTP side of things.  If we remove the Private Key we get the failure log on the sftp server but the minute we put it back in, it fails and no logging of an attempe on the sFTP server.

Anyway find the solutions?

Brownmattc

If your SFTP server does not require a SSH Key then you need to check the Disable SSH Key Validation box. 

Mnasr1

hello,

remove "sftp://" from your address.

Thanks,

Mohammed Nasr.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,903)