cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SFTP Connection creation fails

Hi

Trying to create an SFTP connection in flow.

I can connect to the SFTP site using FileZilla without issues.

I add the 'Host Server Address' as DNS name, type in the User Name/PW, add the port number, and check the 'Disable SSH Host Key Validation'

I get the message

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: The user does not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

or

Details: Unable to connect to the remote server

Not sure what I am missing.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SFTP Connection creation fails

Hi TerryMc,

From the error message, it seems that your account doesn’t have sufficient permission to perform the action.

Could you please confirm with your administrator about the account information, and try again with the connection?

If you are still getting this issue, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply, but still confused, especially when I am the administrator.

Account I am using to create the Flow is an admin account.  I can use them to connect to a gateway to an on prem fileshare, and could copy files to a Sharepoint Online site without issue.

Credentials I use for the SFTP (different from O365) are provided by an external source, but work fine using an ftp client.

What I am trying to do is create a flow to copy files from an on-prem file share to an SFTP site.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem when trying to SFTP to my site. Is there a fix?

Highlighted

Same problem here

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello

I am having the same issue... has this been resolved yet?

A bit more info on exactly where the issue is would be nice.

I am able to connect via filezilla with the ssh keys and passphrase provided.

Kind regards

Highlighted

I am having the same problem. Did anyone solve it yet?

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hello @TerryMc, @Anonymous, @Edzka@jefe_@MustafaM,

Guys i also have faced these type of error, Thuugh i am not so much Aware of the SSL and Certification of Security for HTTP and HTTPS, However then i have Tried the FTP Connector and it's running Flowlessly.

I hope this Idea of Using the FTP connector rather than the SFTP you'll going to by pass the SSL and all other thing and can achive the Goals.

Thanks 

Dev_Nikhil

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @TerryMc!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Dev_Nikhil‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Community Manager
Microsoft Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Are YOU a member of a Power Platform User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Any fix on the SFTP issue so far?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this problem with a SFTP connection to an Amazon Web Services EC2 instance - work perfectly in WinSCP, but not with the Flow SFTP connector.

I've tried everything mentioned here: https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/microsoft-ms-flow-sftp-connector-tips-tricks-errors/ to make sure my SSH private key and host key finger print are properly specified, but no luck.

The error from Flow is : "Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Unable to connect to the remote server"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using FTP is not a solution if the server you're connecting to only supports SFTP.

The solution is for the Flow SFTP connector to work...

Highlighted

I am still having the same problem. Also how can using FTP instead of SFTP be the solution...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Since no one from Microsoft seems to be addressing this issue, I finally had to break down and configure my AWS EC2 instance to enable password login instead of using the more secure key pair login (https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ec2-password-login/), which does work.

Hopefully, someone will eventually respond to this issue, and I can switch back...

Highlighted

I am able to connect using Filezilla, but when trying to configure SFTP in Flow I am getting "invalid SSH Private Key provided".  I too followed the instructions in this very helpful blog post: https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/microsoft-ms-flow-sftp-connector-tips-tricks-errors/, but I still cannot make SFTP work in Flow.

Is SFTP working for ANYONE? seems to me we all have the same problem and the only solution is to not use SFTP.  That's not an option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is this Problem resolved ? In my case I am able to connect to SFTP for some time and as I work on the Flow the connection fails , but when I go to myConnections the SFTP connection status says it's active. Seem Microsoft is not worried about this issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem. 

Is there any known solution for that problem?

I  will strongly appreciate help

Kind Regards

Alex

Screenshot_2.png

Highlighted
MVP

We have the same issue.   It isn't even showing trying to connect on the sFTP side of things.  If we remove the Private Key we get the failure log on the sftp server but the minute we put it back in, it fails and no logging of an attempe on the sFTP server.

Anyway find the solutions?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

If your SFTP server does not require a SSH Key then you need to check the Disable SSH Key Validation box. 

Highlighted

hello,

remove "sftp://" from your address.

Thanks,

Mohammed Nasr.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,634)