Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

SQL Server Connection

Hello,

I have a PowerApp that uses a SQL Server Connection. I need my employees to be able to use that PowerApp, so I shared the SQL connection with them. However, now that I share that with them, it looks like they are able to create flows to be able to access all the underlying data within the database. We are a healthcare company so it is important that they do not get access to data tables/views that they should not have access to. It seems to me like they could easily create a flow to export all the tables/views via email (Email has to be listed as a "business only" in the DLP).

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SQL Server Connection

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alexlorenzo21,

If you share your SQL connection with your employees, they would get access to the data tables/views.

If you don't want the employees to get access to the data tables/views, please don't share the SQL connection with them, you could share your app with them and ask themselves to create their own SQL connection.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,459)