cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexlorenzo21
Level: Powered On

SQL Server Connection

Hello,

I have a PowerApp that uses a SQL Server Connection. I need my employees to be able to use that PowerApp, so I shared the SQL connection with them. However, now that I share that with them, it looks like they are able to create flows to be able to access all the underlying data within the database. We are a healthcare company so it is important that they do not get access to data tables/views that they should not have access to. It seems to me like they could easily create a flow to export all the tables/views via email (Email has to be listed as a "business only" in the DLP).

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alexlorenzo21

Re: SQL Server Connection

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alexlorenzo21,

If you share your SQL connection with your employees, they would get access to the data tables/views.

If you don't want the employees to get access to the data tables/views, please don't share the SQL connection with them, you could share your app with them and ask themselves to create their own SQL connection.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Alexlorenzo21

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?
>