cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexlorenzo21
Level: Powered On

SQL Server Connection

Hello,

I have a PowerApp that uses a SQL Server Connection. I need my employees to be able to use that PowerApp, so I shared the SQL connection with them. However, now that I share that with them, it looks like they are able to create flows to be able to access all the underlying data within the database. We are a healthcare company so it is important that they do not get access to data tables/views that they should not have access to. It seems to me like they could easily create a flow to export all the tables/views via email (Email has to be listed as a "business only" in the DLP).

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alexlorenzo21

Re: SQL Server Connection

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alexlorenzo21,

If you share your SQL connection with your employees, they would get access to the data tables/views.

If you don't want the employees to get access to the data tables/views, please don't share the SQL connection with them, you could share your app with them and ask themselves to create their own SQL connection.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Alexlorenzo21

I figured out the issue. The connection was being used in a sharepoint customized form (not a standalone app). They were unable to use the form unless I shared the connection.

I am able to do what you recommend if it is an app. Are you aware of any way of being able to share a customized form in that same manner?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 292 members 4,036 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: