Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
americanmussel
Advocate I
Advocate I

SQL Server On-Prem Gateway Error: GetPassThroughNativeQueryMetadataAsync

Hello!

I'm having trouble running a SQL Server query through my on-premises data gateway.

I can use the built-in "Get Rows" function to successfully return a set of rows, but I need to run a complex query that joins across several tables. When I try "Execute a SQL Query", it falls over with the following error:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""Gateway ExecutePassThroughNativeQueryAsync\r\nclientRequestId: 0a3e8a93-45a6-4f29-ad28-d4375b6963a7",
  "source""sqlconnectionprovider-westus.tip0-westus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Has anybody seen this before? Any recommendations on how to solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @americanmussel,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

The “Execute a SQL query” action is not supported in Microsoft Flow using an on-premises gateway connection currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey v-xida-msft!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've attached a screenshot to my Ideas post here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-quot-Execute-a-SQL-query-quot-action-through-...

Let me know what other details I should provide! Hope we can get the support 🙂

Thanks,
americanmussel

yhlow72
Frequent Visitor

still no update up to now?
DSantos
Frequent Visitor

Tried querying a table from a database on my local machine using PA and got the following notification message:

Gateway GetPassThroughNativeQueryMetadataAsync - this operation (Get Native Sql Metadata) is currently not supported using an on-prem gateway connection.

Hence, querying a table that relies on on-prem gateway doesn't seem to be a priority item.

WPD_Rusty
Regular Visitor

Still nothing eh?

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,258)