cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MichelH
Level 8

SQL connector howto obtain Row Id

I noticed that the SQL connector actions Get Row, Update Row and Delete Row all require a so called Row ID.

So rather than to use a key field in the table, we seem obliged to use this Row ID instead.

I've been looking at what is returned by Get Rows to see if the Row ID was part of this but it does not seem the case.

{
  "@odata.context": "https://flow-apim-europe-001-francecentral-01.azure-apim.net/apim/sql/0cc11648080d441ead1904e034b305bb/$metadata#datasets('default')/tables('%5Bdbo%5D.%5BMH_SAPdata_updates%5D')/items",
  "value": [
    {
      "@odata.etag": "",
      "ItemInternalId": "895216ba-649a-4913-a7cb-df35bf891400",
      "Sales_x0020_Document": "121029    ",
      "Comment": "<div class=\"ExternalClass412470A3E48343ABA10351B566D26833\"><p>?Where?<br></p><p>When????<br></p><p>Who?<br></p></div>",
      "Reason": "How?"
    }
  ]
}

I wonder what to make of the 'ItemInternalId', but I have also no idea how to obtain that.

I've tried something like: body('Get_rows')['ItemInternalId'] but it either returns nothing or flow whines it doesn't exist.

Can anyone explain how to use these connectors if one doesn't know the Row ID's, because for now I don't believe there is. To me it seems the trick with the Row ID renders these SQL connection actions completely useless.

Meanwhile I find this and I'm trying to make sense of it but I fail again.

table_with_PK.jpg

If I understand the limitations correctly, the table requires to have a primary key, so the RowID would be the Sales Document since this is the primary key.

I'm re-running my failed flows,... and today it all works. Completely flabbergasted!

So the bottom line, the RowID is in fact the primary key defined on your table.

Sorry for my previous rant but I now just keep my fingers crossed that it continues to work.  🙂

Thanks for any feedback

Michel

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SQL connector howto obtain Row Id

Hi @MichelH,

Thanks for sharing and updating. I am so glad that it is working for you now.

Yes, the Row Id is the primary key that we defined on the table.

Let’s say that you have two SQL tables, one has a Primary key, another not.

In the SQL action Get rows, you could select both tables. However, in action Update row which is asking a value for Row id, you won’t be able to select the table that doesn’t have a Primary key field.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SQL connector howto obtain Row Id

Hello, @MichelH!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,758)