cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SQL execute stored procedure v2 lists table-valued functions not stored procedures

I'm using the SQL execute stored procedure V2 in a flow, which I've used dozens of times in the past. This time, when I connected to a new database (SQL authentication to Azure SQL server), the options listed in the Procedure: drop down list in my flow were table-valued functions, not stored procedures.

The list provided matches the result set from:

select name

from sysobjects

where type = 'tf'

order by name

I would expect the list to return:

select name 

from sysobjects 

where type = 'p'

order by name

The SQL user has execute permissions granted to the stored procedure and is a member of the public role of the database. I've used this same user, with the same types of permissions on another database on the same server without issue.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anna13G ,

Maybe you could try to create a new connection again and configure a new Flow.

It may be a newly created connection that takes a while to get the resources contained in the new configuration.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I spent about 4 hours troubleshooting and testing this before I posted. In addition to recreating the connection multiple times, I also tried adding the user to the db_owner role, creating a different user, etc.

Nothing changed the result. I get table-valued functions, not stored procedures.

Highlighted

With the same database connection (same server/database/SQL user credentials), I can use the other SQL connectors (query, insert rows, get rows, get tables) when the user is in the db_owner group (or db_datareader/db_datawriter). 

Highlighted

Hi @Anna13G,

I got the same problem and it seems the that I'm only able to see the list table-function from the execute stored procedure on my power automate flow but I'm try to execute a stored procedure.

did you find any solution about your problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,523)