cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Save email attachments to the File System Path Issue

I'm attempting to use the "Save Email Attachments to the File System" flow.

So, in the Create File portion, I put my server name, and a share in it, in the form of such:

\\abcfs1win\Scanneddocuments\Faxes\Downstairs

When I run it, I get the following:

"Check your request parameters to make sure the path '\\\\abcfs1win\\Scanneddocuments\\Faxes\\Downstairs/Xerox"

I see there's also a place to specify "Root Folder" in the File System Connection itself.  But when I change this value, it doesn't seem to change the error message.  What is the format of the values I need to put in to get it to use a drive letter on a local server, for instance, or a share on a server other than what the Gateway is running on, but accessible from that Gateway's associated computer?  I can get it to save to the C:\Temp folder on this computer, but not one of the other drives I have mapped (which lead to shares on servers.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bjzq8,

Could you confirm the connection of the File system whether valid?

You could use the Get file content action of File system connector, then click the file picker to confirm the file list whether it appear, if it does not appear and report connection error, the issue is the File system connection didn't create successfully. You should recreate it.

Annotation 2020-03-03 155223.png

The more important part when you create the connection of File system is Domain/Username of a computer, you could refer to this site to learn How to find the Domain/Username of computer.

If possible, could you share some screenshots of your Flow?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bjzq8,

Could you confirm the connection of the File system whether valid?

You could use the Get file content action of File system connector, then click the file picker to confirm the file list whether it appear, if it does not appear and report connection error, the issue is the File system connection didn't create successfully. You should recreate it.

Annotation 2020-03-03 155223.png

The more important part when you create the connection of File system is Domain/Username of a computer, you could refer to this site to learn How to find the Domain/Username of computer.

If possible, could you share some screenshots of your Flow?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (31,096)