cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AC_Flow
Frequent Visitor

Schedule refresh and get data into Flow to loop and send notifications few times a week without "On premise data gateway"

Objective: Schedule refresh and get data into Flow to loop and send notifications few times a week without "On premise data gateway"
Any ideas how to get data refreshed and feed into flow to loop through.

Limitations:
-On premise data gateway is not allowed
-Don’t have premium license
-Have "On premise Power bi server" that i can publish a report and have refresh scheduled
-Excel slq/power query can not be refreshed from flow
-I have my queries with output ready in power query and sql
-I have set up a Flow process that can loop and send emails from static excel data, as i can not refresh excel.
Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
AC_Flow
Frequent Visitor

@JohnAageAnderse  FYI, in case you could help or know someone who has overcome above . thks

Hello @AC_Flow 

I read your post and it left me with no understanding of what you need! 🙂

Could you describe how you see your process/steps, what data flows between the steps, without thinking about how to include Flow to automate it?

After your description, it may become clear where automation can be included 🙂

Edited: Then a look at the list of connectors could be useful

Looking forward to your reply, kind regards, John

in short i can not get data into flow that flow can refresh as i dont have on data gateway and flow can not refresh excel SQL or power query queries. ( I dont have premium licence either)

old school. i fell like using pc task scheduler to refresh power query via VBA/Python and flow to pick up and send email,,,

JulienOlivier
Community Support
Community Support

@AC_Flow 

From what I understand, without the On-Premise data gateway, it will be difficult to have your data refreshed with Power Automate.

I think it must be done not at the Power Automate end, but rather at Power Query end, like you said with Python or VBA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,333)