cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulVarley
Regular Visitor

Scope for When a New Object is Created step

How far back in time does a trigger look the first time it runs? Suppose I begin a flow with Salesforce - When an Object is Created. Will the trigger (a) get all existing records of that object type the first time it runs, (b) remember when the flow was created and only get records that were created after that time, or (c) something else?

I created a flow that times out on this step, and I'm wondering whether it's because the trigger is trying to get all existing records on the first run.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Scope for When a New Object is Created step

Can you please share the timeout error details?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
PaulVarley
Regular Visitor

The initial run does not appear in the flow history, so I can no longer see the error. Subsequent runs made it past this step and failed on a later step. I think I've fixed that, so we'll see what the result is on the next run.

PaulVarley
Regular Visitor

I created a new flow with the same steps so I could take a screen shot of the result, which is attached. After I saved the flow, it began its first run. It stayed on the Salesforce step for about 20 minutes and then gave the timeout error shown. When I viewed the flow history, there was no record of the flow running, so I could not get any further details on the error.

Flow error highlighted.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi PaulVarley,

Apologize for the late response.

Currently I can't reproduce the issue you encountered, but my teammates tried to create a flow that is similar to yours, which works without the timeout error message.

Somehow I would receive the HTTP timeout error message, but I notified that in your scenario the error message is Flow run time out.

Could you please share the details in your Flow, by expanding the SalesForce Action pane? We will check and see if we could reproduce this.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PaulVarley
Regular Visitor

Here is the expanded Salesforce step. Scribe Organizations is a custom object. 

Salesforce query.PNG

Community Support
Community Support

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.

I will try to involve someone else to take a further investigation on this, there might be sometime delay.

Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,487)