cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivekQibs
Level: Powered On

Send daily mail with attachment MS Flow

Hi
I’m trying to create a flow for sending email daily with attachment of a file copied from a folder sharing with me in cloud for business.Kindly advise

Thanks

Vivek
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VivekQibs

for Re: Send daily mail with attachment MS Flow

Dear Kris, Thanks for the help.

Please note that the file is stored in one drive sharing link only. I want to attach only one file.But the solution you mentioned looks ok I think I will try to manage with it.

THanks once again.Brilliant .

BEst REgards,

Vivek

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send daily mail with attachment MS Flow

Hi @VivekQibs,

Where does the file store?

Further, how many files do you want to send as the attachment files of an email?

I suppose that the file is stored in a Shared folder of “Shared with me” tab of OneDrive, is it true? The screenshot as below:4.JPG

If you want to copy the file from the Shared folder as an attachment file of an email, there is no way to get the file of Shared folder in Microsoft Flow currently.

If the file is stored in Files tab of OneDrive, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

6.JPG

Note: Currently, only add one attachment file to “Send an email” action once time.

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
VivekQibs

for Re: Send daily mail with attachment MS Flow

Dear Kris, Thanks for the help.

Please note that the file is stored in one drive sharing link only. I want to attach only one file.But the solution you mentioned looks ok I think I will try to manage with it.

THanks once again.Brilliant .

BEst REgards,

Vivek

VivekQibs

Dear Kris,

One more question.

Can we make it only on working days. ? or only if the file is modified?

THanks 

Vivek

Highlighted
bcopner
Level: Power Up

Hi Kris-

Thanks for taking the time to provide this possible solution.  I attempted this flow and it fails at the "list files in the folder path" (errror 400).  It does not accept my folder path.  The path I am using to GET the file is the shared path (Open the shared Excel file and go to copy link). I have a shared spreadseet that everyone contributes to during the week and then I send as an attachment (whatever is updated at that point) every Friday at noon to an external customer.  I see that I can't use flow to send shared spreadsheets directly from the shared folders but it looked like your workaround was to send a copy to your local Onedrive folder and then send that outward in an email - correct?  .  Any ideas on what I have done incorrectly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 289 members 5,020 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: