cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamieD76
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sending Emails based on DataVerse for Teams username (Team Member)

Hi All,

I have created my first Dataverse in Teams site and have a field named Project Manager which is a lookup based upon the Users list in my environment.     Basically when the user accesses the teams channel they appear in the users list and this then appears in my Project Managers dropdown through the lookup.

The problem I am facing is when I try to use those users credentials in Power Automate and send them a notification email.  I cannot seem to pull the email address details and just have 2 items of dynamic content named PM(Type) and PM(Value).    I need to grab an email address from the values but I'm really not sure how to go about this.   I have sent the values to my own hardcoded email address in Power Automate and get a GUID for the Project Manager(Value).

I have attached the screenshot of my flow with a hardcoded email which works.  I would like to swap this hardcoded GUID for the PM's email and send it to him. 

I have tried to follow the tutorial attached on the blog link below but I think is more to do with Queues and activity parties which could be what I need to look at I'm not sure.

Populate Activity Party Value with JSON Array in Power Automate (linnzawwin.blogspot.com)

Hope this makes sense I'm pretty new to PowerAutomate and Dataverse for emails having come from a SP List background.

Thanks in Advance 
Jamie

.  PowerAutomateProblem.JPG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @JamieD76,

I hope you're well. You posted this a couple of weeks ago, so you may have solved it by now. But, just in case you haven't, I think this excellent blog post from Amey Holden will help you. This really helped me, and I use this a lot now. 

I think you need to use the Expand Query in the List rows action.

In the Expand Query you want to write something like this: yourprefix_ProjectManagerId($select=internalemailaddress)

list records.png

The yourprefix_ProjectManagerId is the column schema name of the lookup column on your Departure table to the User table. Note, of course, your schema name will be different.

The internalemailaddress is the column schema name of the User column Primary Email

You'll then be able to see this in the dynamic content when using your Outlook 365 action.

So when you add a Project Manager to a Departure record, the Flow will go and get the Project Manager's email address, and you'll be able to add that into the To field in the Outlook connector.

Outlook.png 

Hope this makes sense. Let me know how you get on.

Garry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @JamieD76,

I hope you're well. You posted this a couple of weeks ago, so you may have solved it by now. But, just in case you haven't, I think this excellent blog post from Amey Holden will help you. This really helped me, and I use this a lot now. 

I think you need to use the Expand Query in the List rows action.

In the Expand Query you want to write something like this: yourprefix_ProjectManagerId($select=internalemailaddress)

list records.png

The yourprefix_ProjectManagerId is the column schema name of the lookup column on your Departure table to the User table. Note, of course, your schema name will be different.

The internalemailaddress is the column schema name of the User column Primary Email

You'll then be able to see this in the dynamic content when using your Outlook 365 action.

So when you add a Project Manager to a Departure record, the Flow will go and get the Project Manager's email address, and you'll be able to add that into the To field in the Outlook connector.

Outlook.png 

Hope this makes sense. Let me know how you get on.

Garry

View solution in original post

Hi Thanks for this Gary,

I did manage to solve it but I will certainly go over the link that you sent and see if it is a better option.

Thanks

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (60,945)