cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjpluta
Level: Power Up

SharePoint ODATA Filter with lists

Hello,

I'm trying to create my first PowerApp/Flow. Think I have the PowerApp itself working the way I want it.

I have a SharePoint list that will eventually grow to hundreds of entries. I would like a flow to every two weeks (Recurrance), retrieve the item list from SharePoint (connect to SharePoint and Get Items). However, I only want to retrieve the last 2 weeks worth, I don't need the entire list. I think an ODATA filter/query can do this, but I can't figure out the time offset or what actually needs to go in the ODATA field.

I would like the results to be saved as a new Excel file.

If I build the flow without the ODATA filter, and have it Add Rows to an Excel file, it works at first, but then every time it runs it adds the entire list to Excel. Thus, it duplicates any existing data in Excel every time it runs.

Any help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint ODATA Filter with lists

Hi,

As far as I know, ODATA filter/query has not been implemented yet. But it's in the plan to support filter query. 

You could could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cjpluta
Level: Power Up

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The Get Items flow appears to already have the ODATA options in the advanced settings. I assume if its there then it should work.

Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/hzxTi

Charles

Super User
Super User

Hi @cjpluta,

Order By, Skip Count & Maximum Get Count works. Filter Query doesn't work yet. Hope this will be resolved soon.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Kamil
Level: Powered On

ODATA works on text field from Sharepoint. Just use:

Title eq 'What you want to filter'

Remeber to use proper names of column you want to filter. in many language default column - first on all list -  "Title" is translated to locale name but real name is still "Title".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kamil

In which activity are you using this filter? I'm trying to use it in the "SharePoint - Get items" activity but whatever I put in there I always get an error that the expression is incorrect. Were you able to get it working somehow?

memox09

Hi everyone,

In fact i am facing the same issue. I am trying to set a filter as  Title eq SUBJECT ,  where SUBJECT is a field taken from a Dynamics 365 record which contains the value that i need to validate in the filter. However, i am getting the error below:

The expression "Title eq " is not valid. clientRequestId: 704beb45-e944-44e9-a37e-cb817a00225e

Does anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to bump this, having the same issue. I am trying to create a SP library file, then go find a file by the same name in another library to copy over column data. Title eq '<static string>' works fine, but Title eq <Dynamic Name Field> returns a not valid error.

image.png

If there's a better way to do this, I'm all ears!

Kamil

I think you should use ' ' before and after Name dynamic field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I know for a fact I tried that last night and it wasn't working. Tried it again this morning and it worked! The only difference was, last night I put the single quotes first and then added the dynamic Name field in between them. This morning, Name was already there and I put the quotes around it. Not sure if the order made a difference, but it's working now! Thanks again!

Super User
Super User

It does not work for me:

i have a SharePoint list L_Meetings.

In it a column MeetingStatus, single line of text, 255char.

i have flow with action SharePoint - get items, in advanced settings under odata filter:

MeetingStatus eq 3_Future

Or 

MeetingStatus eq ‘3_Future’

Or use of Variables

ODATA Filter issue 12-11-2017 10-46-00 AM.jpg

All cases fail with BAD REQUEST

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-3596192b-fdf5-4e2c-a6fa-acb706c963d8/flows...

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-3596192b-fdf5-4e2c-a6fa-acb706c963d8/flows...

Help please ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 3,437 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: