I'm trying to create my first PowerApp/Flow. Think I have the PowerApp itself working the way I want it.
I have a SharePoint list that will eventually grow to hundreds of entries. I would like a flow to every two weeks (Recurrance), retrieve the item list from SharePoint (connect to SharePoint and Get Items). However, I only want to retrieve the last 2 weeks worth, I don't need the entire list. I think an ODATA filter/query can do this, but I can't figure out the time offset or what actually needs to go in the ODATA field.
I would like the results to be saved as a new Excel file.
If I build the flow without the ODATA filter, and have it Add Rows to an Excel file, it works at first, but then every time it runs it adds the entire list to Excel. Thus, it duplicates any existing data in Excel every time it runs.
Any help is appreciated.
As far as I know, ODATA filter/query has not been implemented yet. But it's in the plan to support filter query.
You could could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum.
Thanks for the response. The Get Items flow appears to already have the ODATA options in the advanced settings. I assume if its there then it should work.
ODATA works on text field from Sharepoint. Just use:
Title eq 'What you want to filter'
Remeber to use proper names of column you want to filter. in many language default column - first on all list - "Title" is translated to locale name but real name is still "Title".
In which activity are you using this filter? I'm trying to use it in the "SharePoint - Get items" activity but whatever I put in there I always get an error that the expression is incorrect. Were you able to get it working somehow?
In fact i am facing the same issue. I am trying to set a filter as Title eq SUBJECT , where SUBJECT is a field taken from a Dynamics 365 record which contains the value that i need to validate in the filter. However, i am getting the error below:
The expression "Title eq " is not valid. clientRequestId: 704beb45-e944-44e9-a37e-cb817a00225e
Does anybody know how to fix that?
Would like to bump this, having the same issue. I am trying to create a SP library file, then go find a file by the same name in another library to copy over column data. Title eq '<static string>' works fine, but Title eq <Dynamic Name Field> returns a not valid error.
If there's a better way to do this, I'm all ears!
Wow, I know for a fact I tried that last night and it wasn't working. Tried it again this morning and it worked! The only difference was, last night I put the single quotes first and then added the dynamic Name field in between them. This morning, Name was already there and I put the quotes around it. Not sure if the order made a difference, but it's working now! Thanks again!
It does not work for me:
i have a SharePoint list L_Meetings.
In it a column MeetingStatus, single line of text, 255char.
i have flow with action SharePoint - get items, in advanced settings under odata filter:
MeetingStatus eq 3_Future
MeetingStatus eq ‘3_Future’
Or use of Variables
All cases fail with BAD REQUEST
Help please ...
Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!