cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint check if there a new files created or modified does not seem to work

So I am new to Microsoft flow and try to build a workflow, that send me a email when there is a file modified or created. But the workflow does not work

Every 15 minutes there is a check if there any changes (how can I change this interval time?).

I modified files and changed files in SharePoint, but there is no trigger to start the workflow.

When I look at Run History and click on Checks.

I see that the status is “Skipped”. What does this mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint check if there a new files created or modified does not seem to work

Hi @nlplantebak,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Which folder do you specify in the trigger?

I suppose that you specify Mainfolder in the trigger and want the flow to trigger when a new file is created or modified in Subfolder (Sub_folderA) of Mainfolder. Is it true?

It is a known issue that file trigger won’t fire for files being added inside of nested folders inside the folder you select in Microsoft Flow currently.

More details about Known issues and resolutions in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Known issues and resolutions

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
niamhks
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint check if there a new files created or modified does not seem to work

I am getting the exact same problem. I have a flow to run when a new item is created in a sharepoint list and create a record in dynamics crm. It is skipping every run and will not trigger. Any ideas anyone? I have contacted support but no help as of yet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fount the issues of my problem.

I have a certian folder structure

Mainfolder/Sub_folderA

Mainfolder/Sub_folderB

When i create a document in a sub folder, then there is no trigger.

When i create a document in the main folder, then the trigger goes of.

The trigger interval time has probaly has to do with, the subscription.

Pretty annoying with testing a workflow :(.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nlplantebak,

I suppose that you specify Mainfolder in the trigger and want the flow to trigger when a new file is created or modified in Subfolder (Sub_folderA) of Mainfolder. Is it true?

It is a known issue that file trigger won’t fire for files being added inside of nested folders inside the folder you select in Microsoft Flow currently.

More details about Known issues and resolutions in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @nlplantebak,

Best regards,

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thnx for your awnser. The known issues explains why the trigger dit not work. Hopefully there will be a soltion some day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,907)