cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

SharePoint list to update SQL Table

I want to update a SQL table with list items in a SharePoint list. Getting the follwowing error in SQL update row step:

"Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values.\r\n inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number

I did populate the exacte same table with the same sharepoint data before with a different flow w/o issues. Anyone can provide further guidance how to trouble shoot this...?

thxs,

Stefan

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint list to update SQL Table

Hi stekum,

May I know the detailed information of your flow? Did you use the template "When an existing list item is modified, update a SQL row"?

Capture.PNG

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Mona,

did not use the template, but it is exactly the same two step flow i was putting together ...

Thxs

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi stekum,

Have you tried to create a new flow to test?

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes i have tried this
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-monli-msft Hi Mona, what would be the best process to be able to successfully run that suggested flow? I have a SharePoint List that I imported into SQL server. However, the flow is asking for a Row ID for the SQL Server. The Row ID's of the imported data are 1,2,3,4..etc while my SharePoint ID numbers are 175,176,177, etc.  When I update my SharePoint list, I was assuming that the ID from SP and the ID field from SQL would be used to update the SQL row. How can I fulfill the Row ID requirement?

SQL.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,846)