cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SharePoint "Grant Access to Item or Folder" fails for libraries with whitespace

Hi,

When using the "Grant Access to Item or Folder" action it always ended in "Item not found".

I tried for quite some time to get this working (by masking the whitespace etc.) but in the end I had to create a new library that did not contain a space character and it worked. The main problem is that soon the app has to be distributed and the customer will have several existing libraries with whitespace in their names.

Zwischenablage01.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SharePoint "Grant Access to Item or Folder" fails for libraries with whitespace

"Item not found" confused me for some time but changing to another list and now entering the list name manually showed that the message is misleading. It should say "List not found".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: SharePoint "Grant Access to Item or Folder" fails for libraries with whitespace

When you fill in the list name are you using the "Enter Custom Value" entry of the dropdown? Also double check to make sure that the internal list name has a space in it.  You may be using the Display Name instead of the real name.  I just tried it on a couple of my lists with spaces and it works fine as long as I pull the name from the dropdown list or use Enter Custom Value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

To test I manually entered the internal name (no whitespaces) of the list via a variable instead of getting it via Power Apps and that worked.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IRRDC ,

You could get the list name in List Settings if the list name contains space.

72.PNG

And the error message is Item not found, it seems that there is not an eligible item in the list with the item id you filled in the Id field.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

"Item not found" confused me for some time but changing to another list and now entering the list name manually showed that the message is misleading. It should say "List not found".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,914)