cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint setting require check-out before edit, run the Flow with Excel(add a row/update a row) action can't recognize the table

Hi Everyone,

I'm stuck in the step about the Excel file in SharePoint requires check-out before it edit, and Flow action can't recognize this Excel's table, I use the Flow action with "add a row in a table" and "update a row", but both of them display error after using the check-out function, below snapshot for reference:

↓↓SharePoint Library Versioning Setting requires check-out before edit: ↓↓

ACapture.JPG

↓↓Flow can't capture the table from Excel on Add a row/updated action with setting require check-out before the edit, even input the table ID with compose(output) ↓↓

ABC.JPG

↓↓Flow can recognize Excel table info for the user to input expression(No/CD/CAT/Sub CAT.....), this is no setting with requires check-out before edit: ↓↓

Picture--1.png

I have run the SharePoint "check-out file" action before running the Excel "add a row/update" action, this action can let the file check-out in SharePoint, but still can't let the excel connector read the table info in the same flow process, please refer to below snapshot:

check out-sharepint_Capture.JPG

Please advise, thank you.

Regards,

ilu989

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: SharePoint setting require check-out before edit, run the Flow with Excel(add a row/update a row) action can't recognize the table

HI @ilu989 

You're trying to dynamically set the path to an Excel path in Flow. That is not possible at the moment. 

I created a template that you can use to overcome this limitation. You can find it here:

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/flow/template-archive/

Under Actions > Excel

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,293)