cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Level: Powered On

SharePoint trigger "When file is created" not always firing

Testing out the SharePoint connector and it seems like this is either not working, or working at irregular intervals. I uploaded a new .txt file and set up a Flow to email me with the filename. Currently it sometimes takes several minutes to send me an email, although my Flow subscription has 1 minute intervals. The last 20-30 minutes though prior to now I wasn't receiving any emails whatsoever, the runs always just said "Skipped". Are there any current issues with this connector or am I doing something incorrectly?

5 REPLIES 5
Power Automate Staff avanidhar
Power Automate Staff

Re: SharePoint trigger "When file is created" not always firing

Shannon, I am able to repro this issue you are running into. I will escalate to my team and get back to you.

Power Automate Staff avanidhar
Power Automate Staff

Shannon, right now the sharepoint connector will only fire events when a document is added to the root folder of your Sharepoint site. It will not fire with sub folders ( though that work is in our backlog). Could you modify the flow to alert you when a document is added to the root folder and let me know if the email comes through? I just tried it and received my email. Let me know!

Shannon

I'm not sure that is accurate. I have a folder accounts/Test and I dropped a text file there and it did alert me but it took about 5 minutes. I checked my Flow runs and it seems to be checking every 5 minutes or so (yesterday it was checking twice every 5 minutes).

Capture.PNG

Admin

Any idea of an ETA for the folder to trigger flow?

And do you perhaps know of a way of stopping users to drag and drop folders into sharepoint libs. I know it has only been made possible a short while ago and I'm not trying to stop evolution. It's just annoying that the folders keep blocking my flows.

thanks

Niels

Highlighted
schreibman

+ to add subfolder monitoring for DOc Libs in SHarepoint as well as subfolders in OneDrive[Business].

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,567)