cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_CTL
Level: Powered On

Shared mailbox headache! What used to work no longer does. 404 error

Hi,

Ok I am having a bit of a melt down here.  In the past I've been able to configure Flows to monitor shared mailboxes and react when an email arrives.  However for some reason I can't get this to work now, lots of errors.

Scenario:

Shared Mailbox called "Shared".  User called "Tom" has access to the shared mailbox, he has full control access and send on behalf of.  Tom logs into OWA and is able to access the shared mailbox through the "open another mailbox" dialogue.  Tom can also send email from the Shared mailbox through OWA.  So I am confident that Tom has the permissions that he needs.

Issue:

Login into Flow as Tom and create a new flow.

Select the "When an email arrives in a shared mailbox" connector and this connector uses Tom's credentials to connect to Office 365.

Enter the shared mailbox address on the "Mailbox Address" box, this resolves properly (proves GAL is working)

Click on the folder icon to expand the folders and I am greated with this error:

withsemicolon.jpg

I've read on the forum that the semi-colon at the end of the name can cause this, so I remove this and then the error changes to:

withoutsemicolon.jpg

Awesome!

If I ignore this and contine to configure the rest of the flow, this flow basically takes the email and fires it into a list.  Nothing to complicated.  The SharePoint connector uses Tom's credentials to connect to SharePoint Online and I can select the list I want to update.

sharepoint.jpg

Ok, last step is to run a test of the flow.....and as expected this fails with the following error:

failure.jpg

Nice 404 error.....argh!

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here?  I've created a lot of these flows in the past and never had an issue, until now.

Thanks in advance

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Shared mailbox headache! What used to work no longer does. 404 error

Hi @Rob_CTL,

Do you want to change to another folder?

I have made a test on my side with the trigger When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox. Without changing the Folder, I entered the email address into the mailbox address, the flow was successfully triggered and it didn’t return any error message.

Please take a try with it again on your side.

1.PNG2.PNG

However, when clicking the Show picker of the Folder field, it does return the error message you mentioned. I will help confirm this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rob_CTL,

Do you want to change to another folder?

I have made a test on my side with the trigger When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox. Without changing the Folder, I entered the email address into the mailbox address, the flow was successfully triggered and it didn’t return any error message.

Please take a try with it again on your side.

1.PNG2.PNG

However, when clicking the Show picker of the Folder field, it does return the error message you mentioned. I will help confirm this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rob_CTL
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like if I "test" the flow it fails, but if I leave it and let it trigger when an email arrives in the shared mailbox it does fire.  Seems a bit slower to trigger than other flows I've done but that is probably my imagination.  I would be really interested to know why the error is happening as this is off putting when building flows.

Thanks

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 243 members 6,901 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: