cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
r2b2
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List Missing From List

Not sure if this is covered somewhere or if its actually a Sharepoint issue, but it seems that I can't see any "classic" experience lists in the Flow Sharepoint list selection dropdown. If I create a brand new plain list then that appears but my Contact based one doesn't.

Is this a limitation or is there some way to get it to see the missing lists?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint List Missing From List

Hi @r2b2,

Please take a try to manually enter the list name in the List Name field.

Contacts may not be listed in the auto-generated list, manually enter the list name should make it available under Microsoft Flow.

14.PNG

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @r2b2,

Please take a try to manually enter the list name in the List Name field.

Contacts may not be listed in the auto-generated list, manually enter the list name should make it available under Microsoft Flow.

14.PNG

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

r2b2

Thanks for the response. I've tried that but it doesn't seem to pick up any new items I add to the list as per my flow. I'll give a "create item" style flow a go when I have a chance to see if it can see the list at all but so far its not looking good 😕

r2b2

Have just been in and tried the Create Item flow and it correctly found my contact list when I typed in the name. I then went back to the flow where the Sharepoint list item creation was triggering the flow and tried again and this time it appears to have worked. Everything looks exactly the same as previously and so I have no idea why it wasn't working previously unless there was a bug which was squashed in the meantime...

I do note that when you try and type a list name on the Create Item flow it seems to lookup the name of the list and tells you if it doesn't exist whereas on the Sharepoint List Item creation trigger it doesn't appear to do this. Considering the list retrieved does not show all lists, to save issues in the future it would be useful for this same check to be applied to the trigger.

Thanks for your help though!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @r2b2,

Thanks for the update.

If you need any further assistance, please post back.

Regards

rocio_guerrero_
Level: Power Up

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem. I have a sharepoint list, it doesn´t show up in the List name options, if I do it manually, there is a 404 error saying that the list wasn´t found when executed. How can I fix it? Thanks 

Aaronpatel

I have a similar issue.  The drop down does not show the site address.  I am in Office 365 A1 Plus and have access to Microsoft Forms (Plan2 ) and SharePoint Plan 1 for EDU as an admin.

First I created an Office 365 Form and collected 1st set of data.  Then I created a SharePoint list to store the Form results.  Now I am trying to create a flow, and I can't see the SharePoint site in the drop down menu.  I can't type it either.  I couldn't copy/paste because that's not an option for me.   I see two choices "No Items" and "Enter custom value" in my drop-down menu.  I choose "Enter custom value " and I still can't type the SharePoint site address.

SoniaGr

Hi,

if you are not seeing your list in the dropdown in Microsoft Flow, open SharePoint and click on the Settings Wheel, then choose Site contents, go to your list and in the three-dots menu select Settings. You will see a page with the title [Your List Name] > Settings. Look in the Url in the Browser, at the end of it you will see the following pattern with the list ID:

....../_layouts/15/listedit.aspx?List=075aa0cb-6422-4a58-8a19-586a08507e6a

Copy your List ID (the part in bold in the example) and paste it as List Name in the Flow Action.

I hope that I have helped!

Regards,

Sonia

Eliot

Can confirm this works, this ID is constant, even if you change the list name, and works in place of the List Name functionality in a flow. Am considering creating a list (and separated flow! hah) that literally lists all of these so that I can use the results more easily in Flows.

Have confirmed that if you store it as a Variable it will work where you would normally need to refer to the List name.

This also helps if you are constantly changing the name (the list function may evolve) and / or don't wish to type it out for every single time it's needed in a flow (a lot!).

Many thumbs up, thank you, @SoniaGr !!

E

@SoniaGr wrote:

Hi,

if you are not seeing your list in the dropdown in Microsoft Flow, open SharePoint and click on the Settings Wheel, then choose Site contents, go to your list and in the three-dots menu select Settings. You will see a page with the title [Your List Name] > Settings. Look in the Url in the Browser, at the end of it you will see the following pattern with the list ID:

....../_layouts/15/listedit.aspx?List=075aa0cb-6422-4a58-8a19-586a08507e6a

Copy your List ID (the part in bold in the example) and paste it as List Name in the Flow Action.

I hope that I have helped!

Regards,

Sonia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,501)