cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmaasz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sharepoint List Version History

I saw various posts on the use of sending HTTP requests to retrieve a sharepoint list item version history. I am struggling to do this however. I keep getting an error on the URI and think it might be because of syntax. Can someone please view what the problem might be. So I type in the list name and item id name in text, not using a dynamic field. 

List name: List X

Item ID: 167

URI:

_api/web/lists/GetByTitle(List X)/items(167)/Version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmaasz ,

Please try this Uri:

_api/web/lists/getByTitle('ListName')/items(1)/Versions

Image reference:

40.PNG

For more information on the method of Get the version of a SharePoint list item with Flow, please refer to the following blog:

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/07/31/get-the-version-of-a-sharepoint-list-item-with-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmaasz ,

Please try this Uri:

_api/web/lists/getByTitle('ListName')/items(1)/Versions

Image reference:

40.PNG

For more information on the method of Get the version of a SharePoint list item with Flow, please refer to the following blog:

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/07/31/get-the-version-of-a-sharepoint-list-item-with-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Ianbudson
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for posting this. I am able to use this to email myself the sharepoint history on a particular item, but it doesn't have who edited  it and when.......is that possible? I was wanting something more like what is in SharePoint.......like this:

Ianbudson_0-1611264542203.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (51,105)