cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint Update Bad Gateway

Recently my flow that has been working without problems stopped.  The only error that I am seeing is it saying bad gateway.  The same flow has no problems getting triggered (When an item is created/modified), getting the metadata, or getting the information changed in the item.  The only problem it is running into is when the the automate process goes to update the item with any changes that were made. 

Any thoughts on this? 

I tried giving it time thinking that this problem would go away but it has been this way now for 3 days.  We rely heavily on this working properly.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@NWEASD badgateway error occurs when we try to push invalid data into a SharePoint list item, Can you make sure the values provided in update item are valid values, and also does it show any further details in error other than BadGateway. there could be status and message in error details which will point to the details of error from which we can know which column value could be creating the error.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

@NWEASD Are you getting error in the Update Item action? If yes, could you share the screenshot of the update item action? Also are there any changes made of list/columns what may have affected the flow?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

I just get the error on the Update Item action.  There was some changes to the item's columns, but since then I have completely removed the update action and re added it from scratch.  I did not recreate the entire flow as it is massive. 

NWEASD_0-1610116622179.png

NWEASD_1-1610116648012.png

Hopefully these images help you more than they help me.

@NWEASD badgateway error occurs when we try to push invalid data into a SharePoint list item, Can you make sure the values provided in update item are valid values, and also does it show any further details in error other than BadGateway. there could be status and message in error details which will point to the details of error from which we can know which column value could be creating the error.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

Unfortunately I am not getting any more information than bad gateway.  Even when watching the flow run I get the same thing.  The only columns that changed went from a lookup column to a choice column.  I have 3 choices to make when I want to update those columns.  They are (Name of Column), (Name of Column) ID, and (Name of Column) Value.  When I select the Value one it puts it into a apply each.  I really am not ready to update the event that many times based on the fact the trigger is created or modified.  I have it currently with just Name of Column.  I will switch it to Name of Column ID and see if that helps.  I will also remove it and see what happens.

Helper II
Helper II

To update.  Thank you for the more info on the bad gateway.  I was able to find one error it was having.  Using a value instead of passing it the field itself.  Now my error is still Bad Gateway.  Status is 500. Message

"Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {\"name\":\"value\"}) into type 'System.Int64' because the type requires a JSON primitive value (e.g. string, number, boolean, null) to deserialize correctly.\r\nTo fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON primitive value (e.g. string, number, boolean, null) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List<T>) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object.\r\nPath 'Id.['@odata.type']', line 3, position 19.\r\nclientRequestId: 01004138-cedd-4ab3-ae4c-5ef8dc4c141a\r\nserviceRequestId: 01004138-cedd-4ab3-ae4c-5ef8dc4c141a"

Here is the body of the update
{
  "Title""Title",
  "EventDate""2021-01-16T12:15:00Z",
  "EndDate""2021-01-17T00:15:00Z",
  "Name_x0020_of_x0020_Group""Group",
  "Specific_x0020_Purpose_x0020_of_""Reason",
  "Name""Name",
  "Email_x0020_Address""email",
  "Phone_x0020_Number""Phone",
  "Inside_x0020_Location": [
    {
      "@odata.type""#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
      "Id"29,
      "Value""None"
    }
  ],
  "Outside_x0020_Location0": [
    {
      "Id"20,
      "Value""Location"
    }
  ],
  "Building": {
    "Id": {
      "Id"7,
      "Value""Building"
    }
  },
  "Access_x0020_Time""2021-01-16T12:15:00Z",
  "Location""Location String",
  "Approved"false,
  "Pre_x002d_approved"false
}

@NWEASD , which column did you change from lookup to choice? Still the error you are getting, is related to the value provided for column is invalid for its type.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your help.  The building column is requesting the ID and I was passing it the building json.  I switched that to building ID and it is working.  Lessoned learned.  Read the columns that are being requested carefully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (81,035)