cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SurjyaSahoo
Frequent Visitor

Show composite data in dynamic dropdown

Hi,

I am creating a custom connector for Power Automate, to connect to my APIs. My custom action requires users to select from a dropdown: the items in this dropdown are filled dynamically from my backend, using x-ms-dynamic-values extension in my connector schema.

Currently, the dropdown is able so show only "string" data: I would like to make the dropdown to be able to show additional information along with the "string". For an example, when I create a Send an email (V2) action in Office 365 Outlook connector and try fill in the To field, it shows my user display name, profile image and the designation:

compositeDropDown.png

I want to achieve something similar with my dynamic list. Any help will be much appreciated.

Warm regards,

~Surjya.

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @SurjyaSahoo 

You may need to construct the string data combined with all other information via API. Looks like the change is required to do in API server side.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
SurjyaSahoo
Frequent Visitor

@abm thanks for responding. Could you also suggest, what would be the format of the string? And how do I show the profile image?

Hi @SurjyaSahoo 

Yes thats  tricky one. I was thinking any image url. Can't you construct as a html tag img src? Not sure that is possible or not.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
SurjyaSahoo
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,092)