cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgaylord

Slack Connector Stopped Authenticating

Yesterday, we started noticing our Slack integrated flows failing. I thought it may have had to deal with the changes in the Slack integration, but it appears that Slack simply won't authenticate properly. I can authenticate and see the list of channels, but then I get an error that states "Invalid connection." I started a brand new flow just to test and still get the same error. I've even tried reauthenticating which simply creates a new connection with the same error. Any advice? Here's what it looks like:

EumBREtWgAE3WUE.png

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @jgaylord 

Its difficult to give you an exact answer for this. Couple of things you could try.

1. Logout from your slack application and try logging in using the same credentails.

2. Create a Slack app and authenticate with Postman | Slack Check the connectivity via Slack REST API. Test using Postman.

If above two steps works ok that means most likely there is an issue with the connector. Since its a third party better raise a support ticket with Slack and check it.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
haidernadeem
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgaylord ,

Are you using any VPN? I have seen instances where a VPN can cause this type of issue. If you are I work recommend disabling it and trying again. If you have been attempting with your VPN disabled, I would try to enable it and try again. 

Is this issue happening for multiple users across different devices? 

Regards, Haider

Slack is supposed to be updating their APIs as of 2/24. I wonder if something internal to the connector is a result of the APIs being updated earlier than anticipated. I'm pretty sure that the connector was a Microsoft developed solution and not developed by Slack. I can authenticate to Slack no problem using other tools such as IFTTT, its just Flow that is giving me fits.

Nope, no VPN.

Hi @jgaylord 

Thanks for your reply. You could raise a ticket with Microsoft Power Automate support and find more info about this. Also try to raise a ticket with Slack as well.

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
cpan
Helper I
Helper I

We also start receiving Slack authentication errors in our Microsoft Flow (existing and new). Is there a solution to this connection problem? Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,075)