cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Start approval for new documents and notify via Teams

Hi all,

I am trying to use this template to notify one of my Teams members to obtain their flow approval whenever a document is uploaded into my Sharepoint site Documents library.  I receive the following error when I run the Flow at the Post Message step "teamGroupId needs to be a valid GUID". At the Post Message step, for the Team box I type in the name of my team from MS Teams, but this seems to be incorrect.  Where do I obtain its valid GUID?

Thanks

Sheldon

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Start approval for new documents and notify via Teams

Hi @sheldonp 

You should be able to see the teams in a dropdown like the screenshot below: 

ffe.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks so much - the flow test has now completed successfully!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @sheldonp 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow you have created? Ideally, you should be able to see the team in the dropdown when you configure the action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi there,

The insert/edit image button in this response box does not seem to have a browse for file where I can upload my png snip file. I tried both the Team and the Channel mid point of the string between the % signs but neither worked (re get link to Channel ... in top right corner of screen). I also tried the natural English name of my team but that did not seem to work either. I am just starting out learning PA and so I am just likely missing seeing something. Thanks for your thoughts.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @sheldonp 

You should be able to see the teams in a dropdown like the screenshot below: 

ffe.PNG

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

Thanks so much - the flow test has now completed successfully!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,655)