cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

'String' is not convertible to type/format 'String/uuid'

I've created a flow with the intention of taking results from a Form and creating a new record in our Dynamics 365 CRM. We've made flows like this before which have worked fine, but now I get the following error:

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_a_new_record' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/_new_tempo_org_value' is required to be of type 'String/uuid'. The runtime value '"Tempo"' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/uuid'.

Basically, I have no idea what this means, and any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Here is the code in case it's relevant:

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connectionName""shared_dynamicscrmonline",
            "operationId""PostItem",
            "apiId""/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_dynamicscrmonline"
        },
        "parameters": {
            "dataset""org921834c6.crm11",
            "table""leads",
            "item/tempo_businesstype""@triggerOutputs()?['body/resourceData/responseId']",
            "item/description""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rd33e510e232a44e5875406c4da98d615']",
            "item/firstname""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r9f0360f9b274495c9415556b288ef7f4']",
            "item/subject""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r575b637e844f4dc890f2f0e8b726904e']",
            "item/lastname""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r7c555ff840184a2d9e6c79faa54228db']",
            "item/leadsourcecode""@triggerOutputs()?['body/resourceData/responseId']",
            "item/_new_tempo_org_value""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r3b985bc5ae274c788cecef34ad9d8b6b']",
            "item/_tempo_areaofdelivery_value""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rebdaea9d550241ceb90f118afb6a6661']",
            "item/_tempo_businesstype_label""New Business",
            "item/emailaddress1""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfc98195d03b64c5395388f6f3388b49d']",
            "item/jobtitle""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rd2572722e14f4dabb73e976d0cddd1cb']",
            "item/_leadsourcecode_label""",
            "item/_tempo_leadtype_label""",
            "item/mobilephone""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r993e7ba5106d43d6b2b84718ffab4988']",
            "item/_tempo_rating_label""",
            "item/_address1_addresstypecode_label""Default Value",
            "item/_address2_addresstypecode_label""Default Value",
            "item/_budgetstatus_label""",
            "item/confirminterest"false,
            "item/_customerid_type""",
            "item/decisionmaker"false,
            "item/donotbulkemail"false,
            "item/donotemail"false,
            "item/donotfax"false,
            "item/donotpostalmail"false,
            "item/donotphone"false,
            "item/evaluatefit"false,
            "item/followemail"true,
            "item/msdyn_gdproptout"false,
            "item/_tempo_industry_label""",
            "item/_industrycode_label""",
            "item/_initialcommunication_label""",
            "item/donotsendmm"false,
            "item/_need_label""",
            "item/_prioritycode_label""Default Value",
            "item/_ownerid_type""",
            "item/participatesinworkflow"false,
            "item/_preferredcontactmethodcode_label""Any",
            "item/_purchaseprocess_label""",
            "item/_purchasetimeframe_label""",
            "item/_leadqualitycode_label""",
            "item/_salesstagecode_label""Default Value",
            "item/_salesstage_label""",
            "item/tempo_singlemultisite"false,
            "item/_statuscode_label""",
            "item/websiteurl""@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r20b11fa91a25470b8e63977b491af7a8']"
        },
        "authentication""@parameters('$authentication')"
    }
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @CharlotteWest 

Are you mapping _new_tempo_org_value to CRM in a look up field? If it is then the format is the entity logical name/Guid. At this stage if you only have a text value then you need to add another Power Automate action to get the related text GUID from the relational entity. Once you have that GUID you can map the value in that lookup field.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@CharlotteWest 

Could you please try enclosing the parameter in the new_tempo_org_value as a string when passing the input.

String('value to be passed in the field new_tempo_org_value').

Please follow the above step and let us know if that helps with resolution of the issue.

If this information helps you with resolution, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark the solution as resolved.

Highlighted

Sorry I'm not really sure what you mean. I'm very new to Flow so if you could give me a screen shot or something of what it should look like, that would be great!

Highlighted

Hi @CharlotteWest 

Are you mapping _new_tempo_org_value to CRM in a look up field? If it is then the format is the entity logical name/Guid. At this stage if you only have a text value then you need to add another Power Automate action to get the related text GUID from the relational entity. Once you have that GUID you can map the value in that lookup field.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello, 

Yes it is a lookup. Which function is it specifically that I will need to add to my flow? I've tried looking but I'm not sure. We basically have a list of "Regions" in the CRM with set names which match those in the Form. I need the Flow to look at the GUIDs of the Regions in the CRM and match them to whichever answer someone gave in the form. Is that possible?

Highlighted

Hi @CharlotteWest 

You need to use List records actions step and set the filter query

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Highlighted

Thank you for your help. I've tried this, but it says "BadRequest" and says it's a Syntax Error?

CharlotteWest_0-1594645039992.png

Highlighted

Any luck on this issue? I am facing the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,729)