Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slittle
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sudden flow limit for old connector

When I try to save a flow, I get the following error: 

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Connection reference 'XXXX_sharedsharepointonline_XXXX' is already associated with '16' flows. The limit is '16' flows for performance reasons. Please create a new connection reference to use with this flow. Code: 0x80090444 InnerError: '.

I looked up the error and found a reference in the documentation, which states that this applies to connections which are in preview. This connection is to SharePoint Online, which is not in preview.

Furthermore, I use SharePoint Online in most of my flows, and have over 70 flows attached to only 2 SharePoint Online connections with no problems before. I'm getting the error with both connections. 

Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix it? I can't really afford to keep creating new email addresses just to make flows! 

For your convenience, the exact sequence of events over about 2 work days:

-Task was to import 38 flows in 4 solutions, most of which are near-identical and contain nothing but SharePoint Online

-Successfully imported 22 flows using Connection A (which I will reiterate had more than 16 flows on it before all this started)

-Error appeared

-Switched to Connection B

-Successfully imported another 16 flows using Connection B

-Created 3 new flows using Connection B

-Error appeared for Connection B

2 REPLIES 2
kierian
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello 

When you created connection B is that associated with same account used with connection A?

Have a good day.

Hi kierian,

Perhaps I misspoke--they are two separate email addresses. Each appears twice in my list of connections, which I had assumed was a glitch and not actually separate connections.

Each entry contains more than 16 flows. They are not all active, but I can confirm in at least two cases there are more than 16 active flows. Attached is a screenshot

that will hopefully make that make more sense.

Capture.PNG

The one with 2 flows is a third email address added yesterday in an attempt to mitigate the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (19,867)