cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SurveyMonkey - need help!

Hi,

I would like to build an automatic flow that retrieves Survey Monkey responses every time a new survey is submitted, similar to how the connector for MS Forms works. Survey Monkey has more advanced options for building surveys and assessments, so I prefer it over Forms, which is a bit more minimal.

The current Survey Monkey connector is only able to retrieve a link to preview a survey response on a web page, but is not able to retrieve the individual answers to each question field. 

The flow I have built for MS Forms populates an excel sheet every time an answer is submitted, and also populates a word template with some of the respondents answers, saves it, converts it to pdf and saves, and then attaches it to a personalized email to them.

I'm using the flow to administer a test after an educational webinar, and send an automated certificate of completion back to them upon completing, while tracking responses and the success of the flow in a spreadsheet. I have a paid Survey Monkey plan, and like the more advanced options they have for building and customizing tests. Forms is okay, but I've run into some issues with not being able to customize certain fields (like making them adhere to a format like a phone number or email).

Any help would be appreciated! Let me mention though that I'm new to the Power community, and have no tech background - learning this all on my own to help transition the little non-profit I work for from the dark ages! I don't know much about APIs so I'm not confident in my abilities to build my own connector.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Your best bet would be to create a custom connector utilizing the full suite of Survey Monkey's APIs. Survey Monkey owns the Power Automate connector, so they control the actions/triggers available from within it. You may try reaching out to their support requesting further functionality be added.

I'd also suggest that you do not use Excel within your flow, and instead rely on a SharePoint list if possible, as the Excel connectors have many known issues and limitations, such as 6-20 minute file lockouts and severe API call limits. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Your best bet would be to create a custom connector utilizing the full suite of Survey Monkey's APIs. Survey Monkey owns the Power Automate connector, so they control the actions/triggers available from within it. You may try reaching out to their support requesting further functionality be added.

I'd also suggest that you do not use Excel within your flow, and instead rely on a SharePoint list if possible, as the Excel connectors have many known issues and limitations, such as 6-20 minute file lockouts and severe API call limits. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,770)