cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Django
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Teams Connector post a message to a user ERROR: The tenant admin disabled this bot (JUL2020)

Hi all!

So we have a Flow that posts messages as the Flow Bot (to Users and to Channels as well as simple posts and adaptive cards).

The Flow has been running fine for a few weeks now but suddenly yesterday morning this error appeared:

Request to the Bot framework failed with error: '{"error":{"code":"BotDisabledByAdmin","message":"The tenant admin disabled this bot"}}'.

The Flow run only fails for a specific user (thus far a single user) because other Flow Runs of other users (before and after his requests) have run / are still running fine. Thus even if a tenant admin would have changed anything (which we are pretty sure did not happen), the error should appear to everyone and not only for this specific user right??

Troubleshooting steps thus far:

1. Resubmit existing flow on (SharePoint) items that had a first fail for this user -->
    • same error on existing item and existing flow for this user 
  2. Let user submit a new request  -->
    • same error on new item and existing flow for this user 
  3. Create new flow with a simple post -->
    • same error on existing item and new flow for this user
    • same error on new item and new flow for this user
  4. For every other user in the scenario's above the connector works fine
  5. for other experience community members with the Flow Bot: this user has not blocked the Flow Bot 😉 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So @rohsh354 , based on your info we did a double check and found a Teams - App permissions policy on this specific user: App Testers Policy.

• The Org-wide default policy had restrictions to Block specific apps.
  • The App Testers policy had settings to Allow all.

So just to be very clear: the custom policy allows more than the default policy --> the users under the default policy had no issues, the users under the custom policy can not receive Flow Bot Posts.

As a test I asked the admins to remove users from the custom policy (without changing anything in the policy settings), wait 10 minutes and readd them again to the custom policy --> now Flows continue fine for all users!!! Mind blowing right 🤯

So apparently Microsoft did something past weekend that made Custom Teams Policies go berserk??

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

This can mostly due to Teams app permission policies.

If there is a policy where "Custom apps" is turned off, that means they cannot message the app and the app cannot message them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-permission-policies

Below document covers how to assign policy to the individual user:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/assign-policies

I can also see that you already opened a Support Ticket with Microsoft, so if above articles does not help, then you should hear back some more information from the Support Agent.

Hope this helps !

Thank you @rohsh354 for the info!

I never heard of assigning Teams Policies to individual users. Our Tenant Admins are pretty secure on administering these kind of changes (because all kind of ISO / Cloud certifications) so I trust them when they say nothing changed during the period this issue started occuring for this particular user (other users are not affected), but I will let them double check on this to make sure this user does not have an individual policy 👍

Wil definitely post the outcome of the MS support ticket!

So @rohsh354 , based on your info we did a double check and found a Teams - App permissions policy on this specific user: App Testers Policy.

• The Org-wide default policy had restrictions to Block specific apps.
  • The App Testers policy had settings to Allow all.

So just to be very clear: the custom policy allows more than the default policy --> the users under the default policy had no issues, the users under the custom policy can not receive Flow Bot Posts.

As a test I asked the admins to remove users from the custom policy (without changing anything in the policy settings), wait 10 minutes and readd them again to the custom policy --> now Flows continue fine for all users!!! Mind blowing right 🤯

So apparently Microsoft did something past weekend that made Custom Teams Policies go berserk??

View solution in original post

rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Django 

Good to know that its working again !

I am not aware of any changes, which can cause this  (specially for a single user). Additionally, it has touch points with Teams platform so, I am not sure if anything else cause this behavior.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,828)