cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The requested opearion is invalid. Server Response: Object must implement IConvertible.

I have recently made a modification to two apps that are accessing SharePoint lists. These have been working well for months. The new versions show as being error free but now fail when writing to the Sharepoint list. 

When I run the apps (either in Play or within the Editor) they fail on the SubmitForm with the error message:

"There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid".

If I am running it within the Editor then when I exit from "Play" mode the button with the SubmitForm now shows with the error symbol and displays this message:

Screenshot.PNG

Can anyone help me to understand what is causing this error?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response @v-yamao-msft.

I did find that it was because I changed a column of type Choice to type Text (so that I could perform a delegable filter on the column).  Although the app didn't report it as an error, which it usually does if there are mismatched data types, I had to delete the card and recreate it to get rid of this error.

I'm not sure how I managed to post this in the Flow forum as I meant to pot it in the Powerapps forum.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What modification have you made on your app?

What are the column types in the list?

Please make sure you are providing correct data type for each column.

For example, a field in the list was set to Currency, while you are providing a Text value.

I have made a test with SubmitForm function, there is no error message returned.

By the way, I would suggest post PowerApps related issue on PowerApps forum so that you could get the most qualified answers from there, and other customers who have the same issue will either share their knowledge with you or learn from your interactions with us. Thanks for your understanding.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/PowerAppsForum1

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response @v-yamao-msft.

I did find that it was because I changed a column of type Choice to type Text (so that I could perform a delegable filter on the column).  Although the app didn't report it as an error, which it usually does if there are mismatched data types, I had to delete the card and recreate it to get rid of this error.

I'm not sure how I managed to post this in the Flow forum as I meant to pot it in the Powerapps forum.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,492)