cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie
Regular Visitor

Trigger not working: When Item is created

I've been using Microsoft Flow for some time, and have not have any issues until today.

I needed to create a new list and a flow that sends an email when a new item is created on the list.  I input everything as it should be into the flow, and the flow will not trigger.  I am getting the same error (see below).  I have event deleted the list, and rebuild the forms, AND deleted and recreated the flow several times.  Each time, I get the same error that the flow failed.  Why is this happening?  How can I fix this?  I am at a loss as to what I can do. 

Status Code: 400

Headers: {
  "Pragma": "no-cache",
  "x-ms-request-id": "ba6d0eb7-8774-40ff-ae9d-b739d759dac0",
  "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
  "Cache-Control": "no-cache",
  "Date": "Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:35:16 GMT",
  "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=6f8192aeb45a330cdb5f642ecc217dcd76db8eb70939a923860f458883127859;Path=/;HttpOnly;Domain=sharepointonlineconnectionprovider-westus.tip0-westus.p.azurewebsites.net",
  "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
  "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
  "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
  "Content-Length": "371",
  "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
  "Expires": "-1"
}

Body:

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.\r\nParameter name: Folder\r\nclientRequestId: ba6d0eb7-8774-40ff-ae9d-b739d759dac0",
  "source": "https://twdc.sharepoint.com/sites/WDPR-DFAP/DFAPPhoto/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetNewListItems",
  "errors": [
    "-2146233086",
    "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException"
  ]
}

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Natalie,

How long has the SharePoint connection been created on your side? Please try to delete the old one and re-create the connection to see if it will work.

Error 400 means bad request. So please check the connection and make sure you have entered proper Site Address when you configure the flow.

To test this issue, I created a simple flow with the trigger “SharePoint – When an item is created”. The flow ran succeed when a new item is created.

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel!

Thanks for the response. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "SharePoint Connection."  The list is part of a SharePoint subsite.  The primary SharePoint site was created in March.  The subsite was created two weeks ago.  The list was created earlier in the week.  I deleted and recreated the subsite on Monday after the first few failed attempts.

I have removed the connection for this particular flow, and reestablished the connection when I created a new flow.  I am still getting the same errror and failed flow runs.

I have multple flows that run on multiple subsites, and I've only had an issue with this flow on this list on this subsite. I am an administrator on the SharePoint site, so it shouldn't be a access issue, right? 

Thoughts and additional assistance are greatly appreciated.

~Natalie

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (867)