cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyamadi
Regular Visitor

Trying to get the names of the Approver using flow along with their status: Please someone advise

Hello,

I am trying to get back 7-8 approver names back to a document library column called as SignedBy and Status of them as well. 

This is my Flow, I am not sure what is wrong with it I am unable to get the ID value when we select "Update File or Update Items" in flow:

The First screenshot explains the last part of it from where I need to update the name of the Approver along with the status. 

I have tried using the Update file properties and Update file. Please guide me through this one.

Approval Part.PNG

Total Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I would assume its the outcome of the Compose above it.  Assuming that is where you are putting the names and responses from the approvers pulled from the current item in the responses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since there are multiple approvers you want to use Append to a String Variable instead of Set a Variable inside your Apply to Each 2 loop.  Using Set a variable will overwrite the previous approver's values.  

Thank you so much for the response.

What should be the data in Value?

priyamadi_0-1615476284738.png

After initialising:

priyamadi_1-1615476322298.png

priyamadi
Regular Visitor

This is the total flow that I have, I am unable to update the names back to the SignedBy column in my Document library.

When I use Update file properties or update items, I do not see the ID option in the Dynamic content

Any help will be appreciated!! 🙂

The flow screenshots sequence may have changed due to HTML, I have numbered them.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I would assume its the outcome of the Compose above it.  Assuming that is where you are putting the names and responses from the approvers pulled from the current item in the responses.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much 🙂

Can you please have a look at my flow and help me updating that as well: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/How-do-I-update-sharePoint-Document-library-c...

I am trying everything but it throws an error everytime

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (66,496)