cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newflow

Unable to connect to 'Initialize Variable' and 'Recurrence' - is this due to limitation on the license plan?

Hi all, 

I hope someone is able to help. 

I have just been set up to work for a new client and for some reason I'm not able to select  the ''Initialize Variable' and 'Recurrence' actions. 

I'm able to create approvals find but I need to build in other functions. I have logged in and out to no avail. What could be the issue here? Does anyone know? I have attached a picture. 

Thanks for your help. 

Variable.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue has been solved - it was indeed down to a permissions level and also Edge has been a bit of an issue. I'm using Chrome and no issues. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Newflow ,

As far as I know, Recurrence needs to be set as the trigger of Flow and cannot be added in the action below.

Regarding the initialization of variables, there is no similar restriction. As long as it is not configured in any scope, you can try to create a new Flow blank, and then use Recurrence as the trigger. And see if the variable can be initialized.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to recreate flows I have created in my previous role. 

For some reason I'm not allowed to select the options I need. With the recurrence action it won't let me add filter array as I continue to build the flow. As I wish to use the switch option (in another flow), it's not allowing me to add initialize variable. 

Just wondering if this is due to the license that's been issued to me? 

Thank you for your time.

The issue has been solved - it was indeed down to a permissions level and also Edge has been a bit of an issue. I'm using Chrome and no issues. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,938)