cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Microsoft Forms: "Test connection failed. Details: Required user login."

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow to grab response data on a form, and input the data into a spreadsheet in my OneDrive.

However, when I select the 'When a new response is submitted' step, I receive the below error.

forms flow error.PNG

I have Microsoft 365 Family, but do I need another subscription to either Forms or Power Automate for this to work?

I haven't had any other noticeable errors using either service so far.

I contacted Office 365 Support, but they linked me here, so any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

You need a license to Microsoft Forms to utilize its connector. With that said, you also need to ensure that you have a Forms connection setup under Data > Connections + New connection:

NewConnectionForms.pngYou can mix/match connectors within a Flow utilizing different credentials. You assign the specific credentials in each step via the step's My connections options, example:

Credentials.png

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

You need a license to Microsoft Forms to utilize its connector. With that said, you also need to ensure that you have a Forms connection setup under Data > Connections + New connection:

NewConnectionForms.pngYou can mix/match connectors within a Flow utilizing different credentials. You assign the specific credentials in each step via the step's My connections options, example:

Credentials.png

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your help! Seems I need to move from Office 365 Family to a business subscription of some sort for my idea to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (18,586)