cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yvettePrice
Frequent Visitor

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Symptom_checker' at line '1' and column '39778': 'The template language function 'greaterOrEquals' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'String' and 'Float' that do not match.'.

I have condition with two validations, the data source is coming from a MS form. This is for COVID checks, if the user says yes to any of the symptoms, they should get a text telling them to speak to their supervisor, I have 2 validations where one division has a different threshold for the person's temperature than the rest of the facilities. This is where I am getting an error. In my condition I have the covid questions in one group then I have the other facility in a separate group, I tell it that if the division is X and temp is =>100.4 and they have said yes to any of the questions this is a yes and should flag this. This only works when I remove the current temp validation.

symptom checker.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@yvettePrice 

On the right hand side of the condition where you are passing the numerical value, can you please try formatting the data as a string using the string() function and specify the value inside that. The condition will look something like Current Temp is greater than string('100.4')

Currently the flow is converting the value to a floating point integer and the value on the left hand side is a string so flow is unable to compare due to which you are getting the error. convert the RHS value to string and it will start working as expected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@yvettePrice 

On the right hand side of the condition where you are passing the numerical value, can you please try formatting the data as a string using the string() function and specify the value inside that. The condition will look something like Current Temp is greater than string('100.4')

Currently the flow is converting the value to a floating point integer and the value on the left hand side is a string so flow is unable to compare due to which you are getting the error. convert the RHS value to string and it will start working as expected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

yvettePrice
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Gopala! That did the trick.

I tried the similar thing and it doesn't work. For eg: Amount is greater than on equal to sring('25000'), the outpu is cancelled for both the amounts i.e. less than 25k or greater than 25k, or it's vice versa. Any thoughts on this one?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,793)