cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHC518
Level: Power Up

Unable to select list view to "Limit Columns by View" using on premise gateway

Hello,

I'm trying to create a flow to retrieve Sharepoint list items via an on premise gateway. The gateway works fine otherwise (and in other flows). The "Get Items" step correctly displays all the lists for that site. However it does not see the views.

view error.jpglist view error

Without being able to select a view to limit the columns, I get a 502 error when using the flow:

"The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator"

Is there a way I can manually enter a value for the view? I've tried just entering the name, but that didn't work. When looking at the details of the run history, I saw that it seemed to use the list ID in the query, so I tried that for the view also, but it didn't work. Is there another way to do this?

run history.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to select list view to "Limit Columns by View" using on premise gateway

According to the Troubleshooting a Flow documentation, a 502 Error is "transient" or temporary.  

If the error code 500 or 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient. Click or tap Resubmit to try the flow again.

You can check the status of your Office 365 tenant at portal.office.com/servicestatus. If the issue persists, you should submit a support request at support.office.com.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Unable to select list view to "Limit Columns by View" using on premise gateway

Hi @DHC518 ,

Does the issue still exist?

Where are your region?

There is some issue of the UK environments recently.

Please take a reference the Flow Support:

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

UK environments have fully recovered as of about 01:50 UTC May 15.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DHC518

I don't think the 500 error is a transient error. This 500 error is legitimate for when you exceed the number of lookup columns like this list does, but you should be able to select a view that is within the limits to get around it. That is my issue -- I can't select a view, or manually enter one.

ggbiswas

I'm also experiencing the same issue for my SharePoint 2013 environment. Any luck finding a workaround?

Highlighted
Jronash
Level: Powered On

Same issue here.  SP 2013.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,867)