Posting again about this to hopefully get some new responses.
I'm trying to update Project Online tasks via API.
The Project Online Connecter does not include an option to update values for a project or project tasks so is not relevant here.
The flow I've built for now looks like this:
The first checks out the project, then updates the task and finally checks the project back in
The issue is that the 'update task' does not actually update the task, all the previous values remain the same.
This is the response I get from the 'Update Task'
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @SamPo ,
I have seen a blog on how to update a SharePoint list item using Send an HTTP request to SharePoint:
Further, please vote the similar request at here:
@v-yamao-msft I don't think this is relevant for Project online data.
When I tried using the 'update item' activity this list I got the response of "This list is currently being managed by Project Web App, and cannot be edited directly". See my other post here for more details: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Update-Project-Online-Tasks/m-p/276032#M5222
In the meantime when trying the option in that blog post I get a response of "resource not found"
I also found this example list on Github https://github.com/OfficeDev/Project-Samples which is where I copied the details in the screenshot of my original post.
It seems this is the most promising option but assuming either the structure of the body or headers of my request are incorrect.
I've been working with this thread all day to try to update a task date. I can do the Name, but not StartDate. (I tried FinishDate too.) Here's my condensed screen shot:
Is there something special about updating dates?
I'm trying to update custom field of Project Online tasks via API.
I created new custom field in Project Online task and I tried to update value for a Project task column with flow,
Can you please help me out.
Hello @Expiscornovus I tried following same steps, but I am always getting no update in the task.
The Output is positive, but no sucess on the update, below is the whole update process that I am following for reference:
And this is the output of the test:
Hello @elizi I created an flow to update the same field, the output is positive but nothing happens with the task.
This is the input I am following:
This is the output flow is giving me:
Hey @LucasSousa286 ,
try the below:
1. make a get call to get your task details - if the task exists try the next:
2. add a "compose" connector and insert the task ID there , than insert the compose dynamic value instead the task ID directly into the URL.
I was also facing the same issue, please use
Do not use metadata in the body, I hope it will work.
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.