cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwninJoe
Helper I
Helper I

Update SP List Multi Select Person from Power Automate using the Update Item SP Connector

Hey guys, I have a SP list item that I'd like to update in my flow. The list has a required field of a multi-person select list of approvers, so the Update Item looks as follows:

UpdateItem.PNG

SPApprovers looks like this:

Approvers.PNG

And the error is as follows:

Error.PNG

The value of SPApprovers is also taken as the direct output of the Get Item SP list connector, so the flow works as follows:

Get Updated information from Azure -> Get SP List Item based on Id -> Update SP List Item

So I would expect the format of SPApprovers to be in the exact format that 'Update Item' is expecting. It also doesn't make sense that the error is stating that the DisplayName of the first approver is read-only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @OwninJoe ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to update the multiple person type column with custom variable, I'm afraid that the function is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hi @OwninJoe , Can you add a Compose Action and check if the SPApprovers returns a String in Power Automate(please post a screenshot of the Compose action)?

If it returns we will need a create an array and then pass into the Approvers Field.

Here's the input and output of the compose action:

Compose.PNG

Hi @OwninJoe ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to update the multiple person type column with custom variable, I'm afraid that the function is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @OwninJoe.

I agree with @v-alzhan-msft I could not find an easy solution or a workaround for your problem.

CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hi @OwninJoe, Did you manage to resolve this problem. I have found an article which might assist you,

Have a look at the article https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/update-multi-values-people-picker-field-in-power-automatemicro...

I hope this helps.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,374)