cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Updating Enterprise Project Type from Project Online

I am a Power Apps developer and I have just started using Power Automate.  I am able to create a new Project from within Power Apps.  What I am unable to figure out is how to update other native fields besides the Project Name, Project Owner and Project Description.  I specifically need to update the Enterprise Project Type Name value as well as custom field Task1.

I am using the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint step in my flow.  

chrome_JdxGbNJD2B.png

Since I could not find the GUID for an internal native field I tried the GUID for a custom field defined as a text field.  This is the error that I received.  

chrome_5Ok4xj4ZL9.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DDucolonSBUX,

Please have a try that removing the flow from the power apps control and then add it again over there. 

Annotation 2020-06-05 135849.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You have a couple of questions in this one topic so I'll see if I can help with some.

Enterprise Project Type does have a GUID.  Gear, PWA Settings, Enterprise Project Types, Select the one you want to look at, then go to the very bottom and expand System Identification Data

EPT Guid.png

Not real sure what the objective is but at least you can have where to find the guid and you can try your command.

Second item is with Enterprise Custom Fields.  I was able to get a bunch of these to work using updateTextProperty or updateCurrencyProperty or updateNumberProperty.  here is an example of one of mine.

I started with "value":"This is gonna be really great"} and then started manipulating the body() command from my array to get what I wanted.

Update OER Property.png

Your error looks like it might be something different than those hints I provided above but maybe by having the answers above it might work.  It looks to me like you might be trying to execute MS Project commands against a Sharepoint site instead of a Project Server/Online site??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,827)