cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcorning
Level 8

Uploading photo using Create Blob Action stores ID of photo, not the photo, itself

I am experimenting with using the Create Blob Action as an alternatives to my WebApi that successfully uploads photos to our Azure Blog storage.

Here's the swagger node that defines the photo parameter in my WebApi:

"parameters": [
  {
    "name": "file",
    "in": "formData",
    "required": true,
    "x-ms-media-kind": "image",
    "type": "file"
  },

I added an icon to the Photo Gallery in my PowerApp and attached the flow using Create Blob. I passed ThisItem.Name and ThisItem.Photo as the two args to the Flow. ThisItem.Photo is also the value passed to my working WebApi.

But when i check blob storage, i have a text value (basically a blob ID like this: blob:16D12A9E-080F-48A7-A9D7-F169BFD41051) instead of an image.

Can we use the Create Blob action for storing photos? Or is there another Action that does what i need?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Uploading photo using Create Blob Action stores ID of photo, not the photo, itself

Hi @mcorning,

Would you please take a check about the running details of your Flow?

Generally Microsoft Flow (The Create Blob Action) would just store the data which is inputted, we could see the Blob content under the running details.

I use the Thisitem.image as the second parameter.

72.PNG

The downloaded file from my side when opening with notepad shows the following:

ms-appdata:///lxxxxxxxrces/AXXXXXages/untitled.png

I suspect the parameter specified here didn't pass the image value through Microsoft Flow.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mcorning
Level 8

Re: Uploading photo using Create Blob Action stores ID of photo, not the photo, itself

Agreed. ThisItem.Photo (the second arg) did not pass the image. This image doesn't match yours. Note the caption.

AddPhoto.pngIsn't the media-type a photo?

i'm not sure what to try next. maybe i'll do a simpler experiment against the camera, itself (instead of using a Photo Collection).

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mcorning,

Just for the Azure Blob storage-Create Blob testing, I followed the the following Flow:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/handle-expense-reports/

By default Office Lens would just generate .jpg files and save it into OneDrive for Business Account, here I replaced the PowerApps trigger with OneDrive for Business->When a file is created, put the File Name into the Blob content, File Content into Blob Content:

73.PNG

The .jpg file is saved successfully as image/jpeg Media type under Azure Blob storage.

See the results:

74.PNG

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Users online (5,914)