cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Use Microsoft Identity Platform authentication for sharepoint connector instead of user/service account

I'm working on a Power Apps application using a flow, and I'm currently facing an issue for which I can't find any clear solution/explanation.

The flow is using a Sharepoint connector to update a collection, for now connected with my account.
The problem is that if my account is disabled because I leave the company, then the flow will stop to work.
I searched for a solution and found out that the most common was to create a service account dedicated to this connection.
But my colleagues would prefer to use Microsoft Identity Platform rather than a service account.

My question is : Is there an alternative to the service account ? Is it possible to use de Microsoft Identity Platform authentication ?
And If it's possible, how should I setup this configuration ? Or should I create a custom connector ? I can't see how to connect Power Automate connector to Sharepoint with this kind of authentication.

Thank you in advance for your answers and your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Margaux-S

I have made a test and don't see anywhere in Microsoft could use identity Platform authentication for sharepoint connector currently, I'm afraid that the function is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Margaux-S

I have made a test and don't see anywhere in Microsoft could use identity Platform authentication for sharepoint connector currently, I'm afraid that the function is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your answer,

I'm really trying to not use a service account, could it be possible to configure the Sharepoint connector to use the account of the user who launch the flow dynamically ? Like with a connection asked in power apps, or something similar ? 

Regards,

Margaux

Hi @Margaux-S ,

I suggest that you could take a try with that.

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,929)